News of the Week – FINAL EDITION:
- Welcomed back Mr Waters from his wedding weekend!
- Attended the sixth grade Memorial Day Ceremony
- Attended the Senior Serenade on Friday!
- Going to see the third grade productions of Johnny Appleseed, the Musical on Tuesday of next week.
- Field Day is next Wednesday – hoping for pleasant weather!
- Thursday is a half-day, with dismissal at 11.00.
- Continued figuring the perimeter and area of composite figures (a combination of rectangles creating one figure)
- The students began planning their own playgrounds, based on the area and perimeter of our present playground.
- The Cay: The students are enjoying the novel, we will finish the novel early next week. Timothy gets rid of bad jumbi (bad luck). Phillip helps Timothy through a recurrence of malaria, but there is a fierce hurricane coming. Timothy leaves Phillip a legacy that will insure his survival.
- Out of My Mind:
- Tuck Everlasting:
- Genre: Informational Article
- archaeology, document, era, evidence,expedition, permanent, tremendous, uncover
- Using context clues to understand proverbs and adages
- Strategies: Comprehension – Summarizing; Skill – Sequencing
- Words spelled with a consonant+le at the end (pebble, jungle, buckle, etc)
Grammar: Comparing using:
- good – better, best
- bad – worse, worst
- Wrapping up five paragraph persuasive essay
- Ending with a strong conclusion
- Finish typing, revising, and editing
- Continued our robotics unit. Ask your child about their progress.
- Averyt and Williams
- Finished building our bottle rockets
- Launched bottle rockets outside. Ask your child about how their rocket performed.
- The war has ended—learned about the people who helped Washington defeat Cornwallis at Yorktown
- Explained the importance of the Battle of Yorktown.
- Described the results of the American Revolution both positive and negative