This week’s news:
- Thank you everyone who was able to come to school today for our Special Guest Day – we sure enjoy having you visit and get a small look into your child’s daily adventures, especially after following our recent trip to Virginia.
- The Book Fair was a great success – thank you for your support!
- Monday (8th) will be our “almost last” visit to Westminster this year. We have a full car that day. There are still openings for our final viist of the year on the 22nd.
- I think we’ve weathered through that stomach bug – please!
- Essential Question: How can inventions solve problems?
- Informational text
- Problem and Solution
- Root words (Greek and Latin)
- Comparative and superlative adjectives
- Good, better, best
- Bad, worse, worst
- Review of letter writing punctuation
- Vowel teams (brain, oatmeal, compound, sleeve, etc)
- Continued to work on 5 paragraph persuasive essay
- Completed and typed introductory paragraph with thesis sentence
- Began work on the middle three paragraphs
- Quest over chapter 11
- Began learning about area and perimeter of squares and rectangles
- Continued our robotics unit. Ask your child about their progress.
- Averyt and Williams
- Read an article about black holes and discussed how black holes are formed
- Played Nine Mens’ Morris in preparation for Special Guest Day
- Watched a video about how black holes and discussed how they become so massive